Sunday 4 November 2012

knowing you knowing me

Thanks to the amazing Wild Nectarine Dreams for tagging me in the 'knowing you knowing me' series...I'm new to blogging and can't believe what a fantastic little (well, HUGE) world I've been oblivious to all this time. The idea is to get to know a bit about the blogger...here goes:



Rules

  • Nominate five other blogs in your post ( All must have less than 250 subscribers)
  • Post five random facts about yourself.
  • Answer the five questions that the tagger has asked you, then list your own five questions to ask others.
  • Let your 5 friends know you have tagged them by commenting on their blog/tweeting them.

My five random facts

  1. I am a Phd student of Quantitative Finance, currently on maternity leave.
  2. My grandmother taught me to cross-stitch when I was little & I have ever since, I can also knit & crochet.
  3. Aboyne in Scotland is my happy place.
  4. I am gluten and dairy free - well, 95% of the time (haloumi cheese is my Achilles heel!).
  5. I dream of the day I get around to growing my own fruit & veges.

My 5 questions to answer

  1. One thing that brings you joy - a tree-lined walk in the early morning/evening
  2. One resolution you had for 2012 - enjoy my baby (yep), work toward finishing my thesis (nope)
  3. One thing that inspires you - all the lovely blogs I have just discovered, oddly I am much more productive now!
  4. If you could have dinner with anyone in history who would you choose - Cleopatra (I have always wanted to travel to Egypt)
  5. One thing you would tell your 16 year old self - you are about to make some big mistakes, but you won't regret any of them...oh, and your boyfriend is definitely not 'the one'!
Tag! You're it...

I am tagging the following five people to take part:

Just For Daisy
Sharolyn Joy Newington
The wholefood mama
Little Blue Wren
Vintage Betsy

Your five questions to answer

  1. What genre of music do you love most?
  2. If you could master a new skill, what would it be?
  3. Are you adore paperbacks or do you love your e-reader?
  4. The word that best describes you is...
  5. How do you like to spend lazy Sunday mornings?
Hope you have as much fun with this as I did!

Much love
Audrey

4 comments:

  1. Loves these answers! I wish I could be dairy free cheese is my weakness!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheese is my weakness too...I find I have to cut it totally out or I slip up a little every meal!

      Much love
      Audrey

      Delete
  2. Thanks for including me! Love finding a little bit more about you! I would also love to go dairy free... almost am but love having weetbix with milk for brekki!! haha! I used almond milk for a few months whilst my 2nd daughter was a bit colicky... do you use rice/almond milk!? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you are taking part...I can't wait to read your post :) I'm a rice milk gal, we shop at Aldi and that's what they stock, although I've heard almond milk is really tasty too. I think bubby would be ok on goat's milk, will cross that bridge when he's a little older (the dairy free thing is as much for him as me at the moment). Apparently goat's milk is quite close to human milk, as opposed to cow's milk which is quite different - so goat is easier to digest & generally more beneficial.

      Much love
      Audrey

      Delete