Friday 14 December 2012

favourite story

Our favourite story is "that's when I'm happy" by Beth Shoshan & Jacqueline East. It is a lovely story about a baby bear & what makes him happy.

On the last page the picture is of the Mama Bear, the Baby Bear & the Papa Bear all sleeping together - I point out the Mummy Bear, the Baby Bear & the Papy Bear to Teddy. "Just like us" I say - "Your Papy will be home soon" - Teddy holds a side of the book in each hand, then gently kisses the Mama Bear. "Ooooh - did you just kiss that Mama Bear? How lovely Teddy - what about your Mama Bear?" I ask...

He looks around at me, smiles a little & then gently kisses the Mama Bear in the book again...

Teddy - you just meant a kiss for something that wasn't a person for the first time. Words cannot describe my pride...I heart you.

No comments:

Post a Comment